The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology specializes in advanced procedures for treating gastrointestinal bleeding, biliary and pancreatic diseases and gastrointestinal tumors endoscopically so as to avoid expensive, high – risk surgical procedures. One of the major achievements of the department is the contribution made for the recognition of inflammatory bowel diseases in India. Today the Department provides relief to patients suffering from a wide variety of GI ailments. The focus of the treatment is particularly on interventional methods. A team of experienced specialist doctors and trained support staff work round-the-clock to provide world class medical care. The department also offers specialized care including intensive care for patients with advanced liver disease. The department is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure for research. Areas of research are clinical pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disorders and pharmacoeconomics.
Treatments & Procedures
Surgical Gastroenterology is a widely recognized sub-specialty dealing with the management of diseases related to the human gastrointestinal tract involving organs such as the oesophagus, stomach, pancreas, liver, gall bladder, biliary tract, small and large intestine, rectum and the anus.
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is supported by highly skilled gastrointestinal surgeons who specialize in advanced surgical techniques and clinical practices n the field of gastric surgery to provide relief to patients suffering from a wide range of GI ailments.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure like high-definition endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound, high-resolution laparoscopic equipment, electrocautery devices, radiofrequency ablative equipment and 24*7 laboratory service supported by advanced intensive care units, radiology and emergency services to ensure timely medical care to patients.. The department offers specialized and intensive care for diseases related to the liver, pancreas and gastrointestinal tract. The department also focuses on the latest areas of research such as clinical pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disorders and pharma economic.
Treatments and Procedures
- Liver surgery for benign and malignant diseases
- Liver Transplant
- Esophageal cancer
- Ulcer Disease
- Gastric cancer surgery
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Oncological Surgery of GI Tract
- Surgery for Crohn's Disease
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Bariatric Surgery, Colonic Surgery and Rectal Cancer surgery using laparoscopic methods
- Treatment of Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Treatment of colon and rectal cancers and diseases
- Polyposis Syndrome
- Disorders of biliary system
- Bile duct and gall bladder cancer
- Besides these, we perform other procedures like weight reduction surgeries, hernia surgery, splenectomy, gastric bypass and gastric banding.