The Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic surgery at Columbia Asia Hospitals offers diagnostic and therapeutic services for the management of disorders of bones, joints and associated structures. The team of highly qualified and experienced surgeons are known for their skill in performing joint replacement surgeries and keyhole surgeries.
The services offered include medical and surgical care for bone and joint problems resulting from injuries, infections, nutritional or metabolic disorders. Hip and knee replacement surgeries, treatment for degenerative disc disease leading to disc herniation (slipped disc) are performed with extremely successful outcomes in a dedicated operating room. Children with genetic diseases, aberrations in growth, development and age related degenerative processes are also treated by the department. Orthopedic surgeons are part of the trauma team that is available round the clock to treat polytrauma patients.
The department is supported by a radiological suite with X-ray and imaging facilities. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation services are available to restore the health and functional abilities of people after spinal cord disorders and injuries, amputation, joint replacement, sports injuries, fractures and ligament injuries.
Treatments and Procedures
- Joint Replacement surgeries of knee and hip (TKR and THR)
- Revision knee and hip replacement surgeries
- Trauma and fracture surgeries
- Shoulder surgeries
- Management of arthritis
- Treatment of osteomyelitis
- Keyhole surgeries such as Arthroscopic Ligament reconstruction (ACL), meniscus and chondral surgeries
- Management of open fractures, limbs lengthening using Ilizarov method
- Fusion of joints (Arthrodesis)
- Disc surgery, fusion surgeries for spine instability.
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities like scoliosis and spondylolisthesis
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeries for clubfoot, congenital hip dysplasia, bone and joint infection management
- Management of juvenile arthritis and metabolic bone disorders
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Accurate diagnosis of spinal problems requires great expertise and cutting-edge techniques and this is offered by the Columbia Asia spine team. The spine consultants involve a multi-disciplinary team of neurophysicians, endocrinologists, physiotherapists and pain specialists to ensure that a holistic treatment is given to each patient. Patients and their families are actively involved in designing a patient specific treatment plan. All these customised care plans maximise the success of our treatments.
At Columbia Asia Hospitals, we offer minimally invasive endoscopic microscopic and percutaneous laser spine surgery for disc prolapse (slipped).
Treatments and Procedures
- Lumbar decompression
- Lumbar fusion surgery (1 level)
- Micro discectomy
- Lumbar laminectomy
- Decompression and fusion with correction of the scoliosis
- Endoscopic disc replacement
- Decompressive laminectomy
- Lumbar discectomy and fusion with implant (1 level)
- Decompression and spinal fusion with implant (2 level)