Historically speaking, it is the women who form the majority in patients going for plastic surgery. But there has been a surge of men consulting and eventually going for cosmetic surgery at the plastic surgery hospitals in India. But why is it so? It's probably because of the increased awareness of the value of looking one’s best. Moreover the level of acceptance of cosmetic surgery in the society has increased at the same time. Lastly, the there are so many more minimally invasive treatments available today compared to just a decade ago.
Some popular cosmetic surgery among the males:
1. Injectable treatments- Injectable filler science has advanced dramatically, and the cosmetic surgery Hospitals in India now have a wide range of products at their disposal to restore volume, smooth wrinkles and furrows, fill indented acne scars, and contour the nose, jawline and other facial features in minutes with little to no downtime. Quick, instant-gratification procedures like this suit men especially well. This injectable also helps the men in achieving more refined and youthful appearance to their face
2. Liposuction - Liposuction has been the leading surgical cosmetic procedure among men for decades. This is perhaps even more successful and popular because it helps the men to reduce the stubborn fat on the oblique muscles known as love handles, a part of the body that is hard to address even with diet and exercise. In the plastic surgery hospitals in India, liposuction is used to perform male breast reduction as well—technology has developed to allow a skilled cosmetic surgeon to remove both excess fat and glandular tissue and sculpt an attractive, masculine chest shape through very tiny access incisions.
3. Blepharoplasty (eyelid reduction) - As we age, our skin tends to sag down due to the reduced elasticity we literally see the 'folds in' the upper eyelids which forms deepening creases in the lower lids. There's also an additional conundrum of slackening of the muscle beneath the skin that allows the fat to protrude and give a baggy appearance. Procedures to improve this are called blepharoplasty. By and large, there are two advantages of having eyelid reduction surgery.
· An upper-eyelid reduction can help improve vision and make people look younger.
· Whereas the lower-eyelid reductions can help reduce wrinkles and puffiness.
These procedures can be carried out under local or general anesthetic, and the surgeon at cosmetic surgery hospitals makes cuts in the creases of the upper lids and just below the lashes in the lower lids in such a way that they extend them into the crow's feet at the corner of the eyes.
4. Male breast reduction - More and more men have finally got the surgical solution for their embarrassing problem of male breast, a physical appearance wherein the chest of the male appears to be the same as female breasts. There are two main components of the breast, glandular tissue (firm and dense) and fatty tissue (soft). In gynaecomastia, there may be an excess of both. In the event of the enlargement being predominantly fatty, liposuction is the usual treatment for the area where tissue is sucked out through a tube inserted via a tiny incision. The cases in which the glandular tissue is the primary part of the problem, it may need to be cut off. This may leave a scar around the nipple edge, which shall fade over time. Liposuction can be performed at the same time if necessary.