During her reproductive stage, a woman has around 400 eggs; a fact that decreases over the years. However, there are several causes that reduce the quality of the eggs, hindering the possibility of pregnancy. And, of course, before this a very common question arises: is it possible to improve this situation? Doctors of fertility treatment hospitals in India answer this question carefully. Don't miss this post!
How do you know if your eggs are of low quality?
Fertility treatment hospitals in Delhi have a variety of advanced techniques that allow you to know the age of the ovaries and the ovarian reserve. In this case, the gynecologist will perform an analysis to find out the level of female hormones and an ultrasound to assess how the ovaries work and what are called antral oocyte follicles.
What could be the reason for the low quality of the eggs?
Poor egg quality is not due to a single reason. In fact, there are numerous factors that can cause this decline. Among them experts highlight:
· A low ovarian reserve: Every woman is born with a limited number of eggs prone to being fertilized. However, this amount decreases over the years until it is completely exhausted (between 45 and 55 years old). Nor should one forget that after 35 years of age there is already a considerable decrease.
However, age is not the only factor that influences a low ovarian reserve, also treatments such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy or endometriosis.
· Hormonal causes: Imbalances that alter the normal maturation of the ovules, leading to infertility. The most common is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
· Genetic defects: Although they are less common anomalies, they can be very varied. Mutations in the genes have been described that can cause the egg to not become fertilized (encoding the proteins in its outer layer) or, if it does, it subsequently does not divide correctly and pregnancy is not possible.
So, is it possible to improve the quality of my eggs?
Of course, yes! In fact, there are different methods to improve the quality of the eggs. Based on the fact that it is essential to follow a balanced diet and maintain healthy lifestyle habits, the first step is to detect the specific cause of the problem to personalize the treatment. Some options are:
· Treatment for endometriosis: Once the patient is diagnosed with problem, fertility treatment hospitals opt for conventional techniques based on pain relivers and hormonal therapy to prevent the growth of endometrial tissues.
· Sugery is another reserved option for those women who have endometriosis and are unable to get pregnant even with the help of hormonal drugs. In such cases, fertility treatment hospitals in Delhi remove the endometriosis implants while conserving the ovaries and uterus.
· Ovarian stimulation: This process consists of administering hormonal medication during the menstrual cycle, which will help the ovaries to develop multiple follicles and thus have an adequate number of eggs.
What role does In Vitro Fertilization play in low-quality eggs?
Although it is true that this technique is not the most appropriate for all infertility cases, its procedure and benefits make it the ideal alternative for those women and couples who are seeking pregnancy and have a lower quality of their eggs.
During this cycle, the woman receives hormonal medication, slightly altering the body's own regulation and promoting the correct maturation of the eggs that started the path to ovulation.